Wednesday 17 May 2017

The Little Things

Hopefully you managed to catch the launch of these brand new 3D Embossing Folders on Hochanda from Crafters Companion. It's impossible for me to let you know just how amazing the detail is, it's one of those things that has to be seen to be believed. Here is a very simple card I made for the launch , they really speak for themselves, so any card or project you make will have wonderful depth and dimension. All you have to decide is how you want to show it off.

For this card, you will need a piece of Mirri card, cut to 6 1/2 x 4 1/2'' to allow an overlap for attaching later. It was embossed with the Regency Swirl 3D Folder. Then it was coloured with a selection of Adirondack Alcohol inks, I used Pool, Sunshine, Yellow, Sail Boat Blue, Denim and Stonewashed. They were applied using  a felt pad and applicator, rotating the tool as much as possible.

Taking an A4 sheet of Centura Pearl Ivory card, I scored it in half to create a Tent Fold base card. The I cut out a window/display frame using the wonderful die from Sue Wilson. 

Having stamped the sentiment from the coordinating stamps I cut a matt from some extra Mirri card that I had coloured using the same inks. I then added some colour to my sentiment using Antique Linen Distress Ink, making it deeper around the edges and layered both onto Centura Pearl Ivory Cardstock.

I cut a selection of leaves, some from Leonie's Mixed Media collection into the Mirri Card I had previously coloured. I also coloured some Mirri with Raspberry Alcohol ink and from this I cut some of Leonie's Mixed Media flowers. I then embossed the leaves using a Leaf Vein Texture Embossing Folder from Crafters Companion.

To finish the card I attached the Mirri Card behind my window with 3D Glue Gel. Then I added the sentiment, I lastly shaped the flowers and arranged them using the glue gel.

I am so happy you took the time to visit today, I hope you enjoyed the step by step and the card I have shared today. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Nick. Thanks for sharing, Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Nicola, I am glad you like it.Thank you so much for your commentxx

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Nick
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda, very pleased that you like it. Take care xx

      Delete
  3. Fab Sample Nick and thanks for the tutorial, its great to see how things are made, gives us all new ideas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, You're more than welcome, I am glad you enjoyed it. It's really nice of you to say.xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Nick love the effect x

    ReplyDelete