Sunday 21 May 2017

Life's an Adventure

Create a rustic look with these fantastic 3D Embossing Folders launched on Hochanda by Crafters Companion. There is so much Depth and Dimension in these folders that they really hold their own. I have really enjoyed designing to show just how detailed they are.

For this card, I wanted the finished card to be larger than the embossing folder, but also wanted the folder to be the main focal point, so I cut 2 which I would join together later. I inked my 'Regency Swirls' folder with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink and ran through my machine. This coloured the lowest part of the design to highlight the different levels of emboss. The card I used here was Neenah Dessert Storm.

Next I trimmed the design, both pieces to 6 3/4'' x 4 3/4''.

I took a strip of hessian, which I frayed at the edges. Then I joined the embossing folders to give me a 7 1/2 x 6 1/2 piece. I wrapped the hessian around horizontally and secured at the back with red liner tape. I did the same with some raffia, then again vertically, where they crossed I tied a knot.

I backed the piece onto red pearl card to give a narrow border, then attached to my 8 x 7 base card made with Ivory Centura Pearl card. I stamped the sentiment and cut it with a basic circle die, distressed with Antique Linen and layered onto some matching card cut with a larger basic circle die.

I hope you have enjoyed this step by step and the finished card, I hope it has shown the depth and detail of the folder, which is what I wanted with this card. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and hope to see you soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx


3 comments:

  1. Love the card. The inking of the deepest level gives it even more depth. Thanks for sharing, Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Nicola, Thank you so much.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Nick. Hadn't thought to join to pieces of embossing like that. Great idea. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete