Saturday 29 April 2017

When's a Heart Not a Heart

Hi everyone, I hope you're all enjoying your May Day Bank Holiday and the weather is nice, where you are. When is a Heart not a Heart? When it's a tree. This is a project I made for Leonie's One Day Special on Hochanda. I thought it would be a nice idea to come up with a card that used the waste after cutting all of those lovely dies.

To start I cut 2 pieces of card bot measuring 8'' square, one was scrap the other ,my base card. On the scrap piece I cut through the middle with a wobbly line, then on the lower portion I die cut a pattern using the flower sprigs that come in the 'Funky Base Heart' set, this would become my stencil.

I placed the lower stencil onto my base card, while I blended and coloured the sky, using shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass Distress inks.

Next I took the upper part of my stencil to cover the sky, I used Stick n Spray to position the 'Imagine' stencil for Leonie's collection. Then I added the land using Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Distress ink. Finally I replaced the lower stencil and sponged through the pattern with Mowed Lawn.

On a sheet of watercolour card I created a background using Brusho, half of the sheet with Emerald Green, Leaf Green and Yellow. The other half with Light Brown. I spritzed this with water, once dry I cut out the Hearts from the green side and trunk shapes from the brown.

From a previous project, I had kept the waste so I used 3 of these to layer up the watercolour trees.

Using a green alcohol marker, I coloured the white edges.

Using 3D Glue Gel, I added the trunks and tree tops to my card before layering it onto a dark Blue base card made using Centura Pearl.

Thank you for joining me today, sorry for not posting the last couple of day's. my hands have been incredibly bad and so I haven't been able to do anything at all. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Nick
    Great card .. Gabby use it the waste....
    Hope you will soon feel better
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvie, Glad you like this one. I hate to waste anything and it always comes in handy for something.
      I feel much better today butt he hands have been that painful the last couple of days.
      Take care and thanks for your comment.xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Delia. Glad you like it.
      Take care xxx

      Delete
  3. Brilliant card. I also hate to waste anything. Sorry you have been in pain with your hands. I can sympathise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am really pleased you like this. Thank you for your kind thoughts.xx

      Delete
  4. Love this card,such a clever way to use the waste. Sorry you are in such pain with your hands,hope it improves soon. Thanks for sharing,Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicola, Glad you like the card, I do hate to throw anything away. Hands are getting better, dont know why thye have been so bad.xx

    ReplyDelete