Saturday 22 April 2017

Printers Plate

Welcome back, Today I am sharing the method I used to make this Printers Plate look. It was one of the cards I made for the Typography Collection that Leonie launched on Hochanda.

To begin with, I cut a bunch of letters from white card using the dies in the collection. For this project I decided to use the two larger fonts in the set. This is a wonderful way to use up all that card you have in your scrap box. I made sure I had 5 of each letter to get a lot of depth once they were glued together. When they were dry I coloured them using Distress inks, Black Soot, Hickory Smoke and Old Photo.

I then used some basic square and rectangle dies to cut a base for the individual letters or pairs. This was all cut from scraps of black card that I had, all the letters were stuck to the bases using Collall Tacky Glue.

Around the plates and letters I added Sand Texture paste from DecoArt and set aside. Once dry I coloured over the paste with black gesso, while keeping the letters original distress colour.When these were dry I used a mixture of gilding wax, Empire Gold, Renaissance Gold and Silver, all from Pebeo. This added highlights to the letters as well as texture and age.

I took my base card which I had already treated with the sand texture paste and gesso. The letters were then carefully arranged to fit before securing to the base card. I then added the gilding waxes to ensure the pieces blended together seamlessly.

The embossing folder 'Just Be' was used for my sentiment, I ran it through my machine with versamark so I could added the burgundy embossing powder to highlight the words. Next I stamped the Typography frame and used the same powder for this. Finally I layered the piece onto burgundy/red mirror card to contrast with the main letters.

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed the step by step along with the project I have shared. I have to say a huge thank you for all of your messages and support, this is something I just would continue if I knew you weren't enjoying the things I share. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx


3 comments:

  1. I really like this Nick. Brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing this and the brilliant tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, So pleased you enjoyed it and like the project. Take care and thanks again xxx

      Delete
  2. Such a clever card and I think shows off the typography collection so well. It has certainly got many comments on TV! Thanks for sharing,Nicola x

    ReplyDelete