Friday 21 April 2017

Dragonfly Dance

You might have seen the card I am sharing today on Leonie's Typography show on Wednesday. If you missed the shows, please take a look on 'Rewind' via the Hochanda website. There were some excellent demos from Leonie as always.

The main card was cut to 7 1/2 x 6 1/2''. The first step was to cut out the 'Weathered Window' die from Sara's Shabby Chic Collection.

Using Metro Grey Nuvo ink by 'Tonic' I inked up the brickwork 'Textures' embossing folder and ran it through my machine to give it an aged and weathered look to the card.

The trellis was made from the Weathered Window die, using just the lower panes. These were then tinted with a light swipe over with Gathered Twigs distress ink before attaching them with Collall Tacky Glue.

To make the window protrude past the wall, I layered 3 of them together. Then taking the  top of the window i made a planter. These pieces were left over after making the trellis, after all we dont like to waste anything.

Next I stamped a selection of stamps from Leonie's Typography Collection onto shrink plastic, using black Stayzon ink. They were all coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils, before shrinking.

Gathered Twigs, Distress ink was swiped over the window frame to colour. I then chose a piece of patterned paper to act as wallpaper for the interior, this was stuck using 3 mm foam tape to give more depth.

I layered the card onto black card, giving a narrow border, then onto silver/grey Centura Pearl giving a 1/2 border. For the sentiment I used one of the Typography frames, manipulating it into the shape i wanted, then added the sentiment.I added colour to this using Twisted Citron Distress ink. Lastly I arranged the flowers and foliage using 3D glue gel.

Finally I added Leonie's little bee to the window.

Thanks for joining me today. Hope you have enjoyed your visit. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card,love all the shrink plastic especially the bee. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete