Sunday 25 September 2016

Weeds are Flowers Too!

Morning, At last some cooler weather has arrived after a few days of very welcome rain. Now the temperature is around 25-30c rather than in the 40's, so it's much more comfortable. Today I am sharing a card I made for the Bee Crafty show at 'Alexandra Palace' shown on Hochanda recently.

To make the card and background, I used the Gelli Plate. I also used a selection of English Cottage Acrylic paints by Indigo Blu. The colours I used were Townhouse Teal, Banana Custard and Emerald City which is a metallic colour giving a beautiful sheen to the finished piece. Using my Speedball Brayer, I layered the colours onto the plate. Then taking the Ground Elder, I stamped onto the plate to remove the paint before I took my print.

For the background I wanted a contrasting colour which would still compliment the piece so I used Pumpkin 'Eco Acrylic Paint'. I Brayered the colour onto my plate and taking the leaf stamp removed the paint and took my print.

To finish, I layered both prints onto Ivory Centura Pearl card from Crafters Companion. Then using foam tape onto my centre panel I secured it to the background. Finally I layered it onto a sage green pearl base card.

I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared today along with the finished piece. I hope you will join me again tomorrow. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bright card.
    The temperature sounds horrendous,even at 25-30 it is too hot for doing much.
    Hope that you are taking care and thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful Nick love the colours and the stamp is wonderful. I hope the lower temps. are helping you to feel a bit better.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. Just try this with my Gelli plate. Thank you for the brilliant tutorial and for showing us the card.

    ReplyDelete