Monday 12 September 2016

Happy Christmas Tree

Morning, For this project I used quite a lot of the stamps that Leonie launched on Hochanda alongside the beautiful Sparkle pens. It took quite a lot of masking but I think it was well worth it. The Christmas Tree elements are excellent and can be used to make much more than just a tree.

I planned where the tree was going to sit on my card and first stamped the tree lights, then masked them with Pebeo Drawing gum. Next I moved to the presents and lastly the tree, masking as I went.

I stamped the sentiment in the corner and while the drawing gum was still in place I added the colour using the Cobalt and Arctic to blend around the card from my mat, (it does stain your smoothie) Then I removed the drawing gum.

Apart from the presents, I used the pens without any additives. I wanted the full sparkle for this card. It didn't disappoint, the sparkle effect is out of this word.

To finish the card, I backed it onto Silver Mirri card and then onto a black card base.

Thank you so much for your visit today, I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared and the finished card. I would love to hear how you are getting on with your sparkle pens if you were lucky enough to get them. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx




5 comments:

  1. Love this card. It is bright,quirky and cheerful. Haven't got Leonie's sparkle pens yet! Have some of the Crafter's Companion ones already so couldn't really justify buying these at the moment. Presuming that they might be the same/similar make up,other than the colours,they are lovely pens to use and the sparkle from them is amazing. It is always a shame that it doesn't come across in the photos of your cards.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Nick A wondereful Christmas card and just the type of tree I want tall and slim lol
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have created a 'glow' around the tree Nick! Great card, Jane :) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just bought these stamps so your blog appeared at just the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I didn't manage yo comment yesterday. Lovely Christmas card. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete