Monday 18 July 2016

Let It Snow

Morning. Well here is the Christmas card I was going to show yesterday. Another one to add to my Christmas Box. As Sue Wilson was on Hochanda, I thought I would love to make a card using her dies. Obviously this is out of sync now.

I started by cutting out my embellishments from the Christmas Finishing Touches. I coloured the foliage with Pine Needles and Mowed Lawn. For the branches I used Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain and for the holly, I used Fired Brick (all Distress Inks).

Next I cut some white Super Smooth card to 7 1/2 x 5 1/4, centred the background die from Sues Australian collection and cut.


Then I cut the frame from the 'Let it Snow' die set, again with the same card.

On a piece of super smooth card I added some Wonder Tape (50 mm) from Be Creative before cutting out the 'Let It Snow' Sentiment. I then removed the wonder tape and covered the die cut with Festive Red Diamond Sparkles.

Taking another sheet of super smooth, I cut it to measure 8 1/4 x 6 1/4. Using versamark, I stamped a selection of snowflakes and embossed with ultra fine clear embossing powder.

I cut the same oval in copier paper and using Memento 'Summer Sky, I started to blend from dark to light.

I then repeated with Shaded Lilac Distress ink.

Then with Blueprint Sketch and finally Chipped Sapphire.

I removed the copier paper and repeated the blending around the edge of my card. I was only concerned with doing enough to be seen through the die cut slots.

I used my die cut card to position the 'Let it Snow' Die cut and secured with Cosmic Shimmer.

I covered the Australian background layer with the same snowflakes, this time in a selection of blues, using the darker colours for the small ones. I mounted this onto my background using foam tape to raise it  away from the background for dimension.


My card base measured 8 3/4 x 6 1/2'', I mounted my design onto this using Cosmic Shimmer.

To finish the card, I shaped and positioned my embellishments, using Cosmic Shimmer and 3D glue gel.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today. I do hope you have enjoyed the step by step and like the card I have shared. On a countdown now to Leonie Pujol's new Launch on Friday. It will be the One Day Special on Hochanda at 8pm. I do hope you will tune in.xx


3 comments:

  1. A very stylish Christmas card to add to your box. I love the colours of this one and the finishing touches do just what they say.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Christmas card Nick. A great step by step tutorial. My favourite colour for a Christmas card.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Nick. Saw this on Sue's show yesterday. Thank you for sharing it and the brilliant tutorial.

    ReplyDelete