Wednesday 11 May 2016

Tropical Art Explosion

Morning, Today I have decided to show you another variation on the Art Explosion card I shared on Sunday. I enjoyed making it so much I decided to have another go. I hope you like this one too. I have still included a step by step for anyone who didn't see the other post.


The card design is on an 8 1/4'' square velvet card. I positioned my art masks and secured them with Crafters Companion Stick n Spray and drew around them with a waterproof black fine liner.


Next I took one square stamp and positioned it 5 times around my design at different levels.



I then found the centre point and drew a series of lines to give the illusion that the words and stamps were flying out at you.


This is when my design changed. Around the edge of the card I drew a deckled line 5 mm from the edge of my card and then another 5 mm from the first using a waterproof black fine liner.Using the Art Stencils, I stamped through the stencil onto the words using a couple of open stamps which I could colour later.

Then I used Pebeo Drawing gum over the whole design, Including the edge to allow it to be kept as a white frame.


Next I took my distress inks, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet,Mowed Lawn and Mermaid Lagoon. Using smoothies I pounced the separate colours randomly over the background. The after removing a majority of the Mowed Lawn from the smoothie I gently blended the colours (not too much). Then from the centre I did the same thing with the wilted Violet as I wanted this to be darker.


When this was dry, I used a selection of stamps and Black Archival ink to place the stamps over my background.


Then I removed the drawing gum from the whole project. I used a black alcohol marker to colour the very outside of the card and also to fill in between the stamps in the words. Taking a selection of red, orange and yellow alcohol markers, I blended from red at the centre to yellow at the edge  (a little bit firery).


I really hope you have enjoyed this alternative to the Art Explosion from Sunday. Thank you so much for taking the tie to stop by and I hope you will come back. Take care xx

I'd like to add this card to the Country View Crafts monthly Challenge as this month is 'Use a Stencil'

11 comments:

  1. Love this version as much as the last. Still so dimensional and the vibrancy of the colours is wonderful.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Nick love the bright vibrant colours
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janet. I must be on a colour burst.xx

      Delete
  4. Fantastic. All my favourite colours. Thank you for sharing and good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, Thank you for your comments and glad you like the project.xx

      Delete
  5. This is brilliant....so much colour. Thanks for joining in with our Use a stencil challenge over at Country View x
    Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant....so much colour. Thanks for joining in with our Use a stencil challenge over at Country View x
    Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments Jane, I am glad you like what I have made.xx

      Delete
  7. Just love this, it is so clever. Thanks for joining in with Country View Crafts. Xx

    ReplyDelete