Monday 23 May 2016

Fly Free Crystal Acetate Card

Morning, Hope you are well and are still enjoying the projects I am sharing from Leonie Pujol's New Collection. I have enjoyed sharing with you. 


To make the background for the aperture of my card, I took a sheet of Acetate along with a selection of alcohol inks in yellow, orange and red. I also used some blending solution, 3D Crystal Lacquer and a sheet of tissue paper.


On my sheet of Acetate I added drops of my alcohol inks all over, using more yellow and orange with just a few drops here and there of the red. I then added some blending solution to allow the colour to move, sprinkled some gold mica in at the same time with a generous amount of 3D Lacquer. I then place the tissue paper over the top (I had previously scrunched this) and manipulated the colours and mica until I was happy with the result. I left this to dry over night. 


I made an 8 x 8'' square card from Black Pearl card and cut an aperture using a  Grand spellbinder shape from the centre. I then cut a square of the coloured acetate and secured behind the aperture with red liner tape. I also cut a rectangle of the acetate to go behind my sentiment and set aside.


On a sheet of heat resistant acetate I stamped 3 butterflies from Leonie's Flight To Freedom Set, using versamark, I embossed them with black fine detail embossing powder. I also stamped a sentiment from the collection using the same method.


I folded the acetate with the sentiment around the coloured acetate and secured it behind so nothing showed. Then I layered this onto black pearl card. I shaped this so it was tunnel shaped and attached it to my card using 3D glue gel.

I cut out the butterflies and shaped them before securing them to my card using 3D glue gel, flying free. 

I have tried to capture the look of the card with the light shining through but it didn't work, even with a torch it didn't look good on camera.


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today, hopefully you have enjoyed it and will stop by again soon.Take care xx

5 comments:

  1. Really bright,gorgeous colours and the butterflies,with the light able to come through the acetate,I'm sure do look as if they are flying free.
    It is a shame all your efforts with light and torches didn't work but some things just don't show on camera,we can imagine it though.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicola, It was really nice with the candle behind. It just doesn't seem to catch it on the camera. I think something similar would look amazing in the lantern. I might try that next time.Thank you so much for your comments and for your support. Take care xx

      Delete
  2. Yet again you have wowed us with this wonderful card Nick. The background is fantastic as are your choice of colours
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet again you have wowed us with this wonderful card Nick. The background is fantastic as are your choice of colours
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet, Another experiment with bright colours. I would have loved to do it with greens and blues but I thought it might be to dark. Take care xx

      Delete