Monday 30 May 2016

Butterfly Scribbles

Morning, Thank you for stopping by to see what I am sharing with you today. I hope you are well. If you happened to see my Post on May 22nd, you will already know why I am posting this card. I thought I didn't like the original card when I had finished it and so I made a replacement. After I had finished this one, I decided that I did like the other one after all. I hope that make some sense to you.


For this card I took a piece of 8 1/4;; square watercolour card. I took the Scribbled Dreams Sentiment from Leonie' new collection and placed it in the top left of the card, directly opposite I stamped the scribble butterflies in versamark, then embossed with white fine detail powder.

In between these two stamps, I placed one of the butterflies from the Fly to Freedom set. Then I took three word stamps from across Leonie's collection and stamped them in a staggered fashion.

Lightly in pencil, I drew a double box around the sentiment and words. I also drew a box 5 mm from the edge of the card and repeated this another 5 mm from the first line. I created a deckled line along these lines and the lines around the words using a waterproof black fine liner.

I took my fine liner and ruler and drew a series of lines from the boxes to the centre of the card to give the 3D look and feel. Then I repeated this for the butterfly. Using Pebeo Drawing Gum, I masked all of the elements, including both frames around the card.


When this was dry, I took a selection of distress inks and applied them in circles using a smoothies, randomly across my card working from blue to green, through yellow,orange and finally red. The colours I used were: Mermaid Lagoon,Mowed Lawn,Mustard Seed,Fossilized Amber,Mustard Seed,Carved Pumpkin and Candied Apple.

Then I removed my Drawing gum, with my new eraser, now it only takes seconds, Thank you so much Janet!!!. For the beams I used 3 of my Blue Alcohol Markers to graduate the colour from the centre point. I coloured my butterfly using a yellow, orange and red alcohol marker. Finally I coloured the inner of the outer frames in black and layered my design onto a black pearl card blank.


I hope you like the finished card, I have to say I like them both. I think it is a really effective design and I have enjoyed experimenting with different shapes and stamps, Take care and thank you again for your support.xx


7 comments:

  1. Another beautiful!,amazingly dimensional card. Can you tell me what your new eraser is that you have to remove the drawing gum?
    Thanks for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicola,Sorry I am so behind with replies but here is the link for the eraser, Janet sent it to me. It's from Creative expressions. http://www.ebay.co.uk/.../Creative.../252384810672.

      Delete
  2. You are such an inspiration Nick ( hehehe probable told you that lots of times ) I love all the vibrant colours and the design of the card is amazing. So glad the eraser is proving useful and it was worth waiting for Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janet, It's very nice of you to say.I am really pleased that you like the things I share. xx

      Delete
  3. You are such an inspiration Nick ( hehehe probable told you that lots of times ) I love all the vibrant colours and the design of the card is amazing. So glad the eraser is proving useful and it was worth waiting for Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fab idea and sets off the bright colours so well
    . ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Love all the colours. Thank you for showing us this card.

    ReplyDelete