Wednesday 19 October 2011

What an Exciting Day!!!

What a thrilling day for me. Let me explain! I’m a member of Create & Craft, it’s the worlds only 24Hr Craft channel, it’s brilliant and it’s become a sort of lifeline for me. ast month a lady from the publishers who puts together their Members Club Magazine got in touch. I was so excited when I was asked if I would like to be in the next edition, I was extremely flattered as like many other people I’ve never been ‘In Print’ so to speak.
Well the Magazine arrived and there I am on page 71, I’m ever so proud of it. So there you go, it’s my turn to have 15 Minutes of fame. I know it’s only a little piece but to me it’s the front cover or centrefold spread. Go on Humour me. LOL. The picture is a scan of the page and shows some of the pottery pieces I have made along with a couple of simple cards.
Cardmaking is so enjoyable but I never thought I would be able to make anything on the potter’s wheel, especially since my hands have got so bad. I was lucky enough to have the most excellent teacher, His name is Paul and he works at PotteryCrafts in Stoke-On-Trent. I was lucky enough to go to a 4 hour training session and came away full of enthusiasm. It’s so uplifting to be able to make nice things despite any illness or disability. You don’t need any force at all you just guide the clay.
If you ever get the chance to have a go, do it without question, you will be so glad you did. A potter’s wheel is such an expense and would normally be out of the question. However Create & Craft.tv sell them and offer a flexi payment scheme with no interest added. It includes the 4Hr training session and delivered for only £2.99……         WOW. By the way, I don’t work for either Create & Craft or Pottery Crafts, but it’s such a great craft and it certainly makes it easier to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment