Sunday 16 October 2011

How I started Crafting...

Since retiring from work a couple of years ago because of illness, I thought I’d go mad, but by chance and a lot of luck. I found The Create & Craft TV Station. That was the beginning of a wonderful journey of discovery. Every day I learn something new. It’s funny, but until finding Create & Craft I wouldn’t have described any of my projects as Crafts, just great fun.
Although I didn’t know it as craft at the time, as children we were always encouraged to be creative. In particular, I remember regularly playing with wax and Paper Mache. A book that springs to mind was a ‘Bumper Fun Book’ which was crammed full of crafty projects. I wish I could find it now. Since then I’ve always enjoyed making things with my hands, I have my Mum, Dad and Nan to thank for that.
My main aim for today is to finish a knitted tank top, my first piece of real clothing. I've been using Rowan Colourscape chunky yarn by Kaffe Fassett. The pattern I have used is by Sarah Hatton from the Colourscape Folk Pattern Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment